Congratulations to the following robotics teams for representing Bloomfield Hills Schools in their respective state-level competitions:
- FLL: G.E.K.O.T, Galactic Elements, Bloomfield Builders, Robo Racers
- FTC: Golden Gears, Mechanical Monkeys, Purple Protons, No Limits, Robo Rangers and IntergalacTech
At the FLL Michigan State Championship, the EHMS FLL Team G.E.K.O.T took home the 1st Place Teamwork Trophy Award.
At the FTC Michigan State Championship in Battle Creek the following was achieved:
- The BHMS Mechanical Monkeys ranked #4 team in the Franklin Division and was Alliance Captain in the robot game semifinals. They also won 2nd place for the Control Award.
- The BHMS Purple Protons, the all-girls FTC robotics team, competed against 96 other teams and won the 3rd place Motivate Award.
- The BHMS No Limits was the Promote Award Winner.
- The EHMS Robo Rangers won 3rd place for the Connect Award
Congratulations to EHMS students Anthony Doria, Jacob Welch, Alexa Balde, Thomas Gormley, Asa Cengeri, Madison Crider, Eesha Gummaraju and Henry Hutchison, members of FTC Team IntergalacTech who won the first place Connect Award. The Connect Award win at states earned the team advancement to the First Tech Challenge World Championship in Detroit from April 24 through April 27, 2019. They will compete among teams from Europe, Asia, and the United States. This is an incredible accomplishment for a middle school team, and the entire BHS community is so proud of these students and wish them luck at worlds!
What a fantastic year for BHS robotics!
Read more at: https://www.firstchampionship.org/detroit-home